The future’s bright…
Impressive Business Development Manager sought for our growing social media agency. Your role will be to develop new business opportunities with travel, tourism and hospitality clients.
Ginger Juice is a multi-award winning social media agency specialising in delivering high-quality, consuming-facing social media for travel, tourism and hospitality clients. Ginger Juice’s trade brand ‘Travel Gossip’ is the leading provider of social media promotion for the travel trade in the UK delivering a range of B2B products including social media campaigns, webinars, roadshows and coverage within the industry-leading ‘Travel Gossip’ Facebook group.
We are looking for an experienced sales-focussed individual to take the lead on B2B & B2C business development and account management; generating leads and increasing sales.
- You will be responsible for acquiring new business from new clients, dormant clients and existing clients through effective business development and client relationship management.
- Identify new areas for lead generation to foster new opportunities and revenue growth
- Effective and diligent management of the company’s CRM system
- Drive sales activity using the inhouse data that is the base of an ever-present, well-stocked pipeline that can be managed to maximise sales and gross margin
- Achieve and exceed personal sales targets
- Create in-depth market knowledge of key decision-makers, budget holders, budget dates, upcoming RFPs within our sector etc.
- Account manage existing clients and provide proactive post-activity follow-up
- Sell a wide range of digital products to the travel trade, adapting behaviour accordingly to secure business
- Seek out opportunities to sell our B2C social media management services – in particular, to national and regional tourism organisation and hospitality businesses
- Attend travel networking events on behalf of the business
- Create and send professional, bespoke client proposals
- Use Outlook and/or Mailchimp to create email marketing campaigns to keep in touch with prospects and clients
- Support sales activity via effective social media activity on your personal and company profiles
- Sell and host face-to-face travel agent roadshows around the UK
- Arrange and deliver your own meetings via Zoom and in-person meetings around the UK
- Attend semi-regular face-to-face meetings with the MD in Liverpool
- Updating weekly KPI & weekly activity updates
- Extensive client-facing experience, with a background in sales, business development and account management
- Experience in dealing with a wide range of businesses and organisations in the travel, tourism and hospitality sectors including tourism boards, travel suppliers, tour operators, hospitality brands, PR & representation companies and trade bodies
- Ability to actively manage relationships with prospective clients from initial conversation through the close
- Proactive with the ability to work on your own
- Technical, digital and social media know-how
- Strong IT applications experience e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Mailchimp, CRM (Hubspot)
- Attention to detail with exceptional written English
- Friendly, outgoing, professional manner with great presentation skills
- Savvy negotiator with the ability to think outside the box to secure business
- Trade media sales and travel industry experience preferred but not essential
HOURS: Full time or Part Time
SALARY & COMMISSION: Base Salary in the region of £30k to £35k max plus OTE up to £60k once converted to a permanent position)
Any commission will be paid across the following areas but is always paid at the discretion of the management and all leads may be reviewed and redirected as required by the MD.
A 6-month probation period will be in place from day 1, on a basic fixed commission of £5k per quarter payable across the business split 60% for new opportunities and 40% for farmed opportunities converted from leads to revenue with a view to moving to a 60k OTE commission structure from month 7 (details to be agreed).
LOCATION: Anywhere in the UK. Homebased for now but you will be required to travel both domestically and internationally to meet clients, attend events and host roadshows.
START DATE: from mid-December
CLOSING DATE: 27th November 23:59
We are using Jayne Peirce Recruitment to handle all applications.
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Please Note: Due to high volumes of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.